We’re here to help if you have any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org), but here are some of the most frequent questions we have so far by other Rivyt users.
Where do I find my YouTube channel ID?
YouTube channel ID’s are the best way to create a RIVYT site.
- Browse to your channel page by clicking My Channel on YouTube (e.g. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1aVmkSKqLX0kf3AhEFp-uQ).
- Your channel ID is always the last part of the URL after https://www.youtube.com/channel/. In this example, the channel ID would be UC1aVmkSKqLX0kf3AhEFp-uQ.
Where do I find my YouTube user ID?
RIVYT is compatible with older YouTube accounts as well, using the YouTube user ID.
- Browse to your channel page by clicking My Channel on YouTube. After the page loads, click your name under your avatar and channel cover image.
- Your user ID is always the last part of the URL after https://www.youtube.com/user/. For example, if your user URL is https://www.youtube.com/user/someuser, your user ID would be someuser.
How do I use a custom domain name with RIVYT?
RIVYT is compatible with custom domains (e.g. yoursite.com). If you don’t already have a custom domain name, we recommend Hover.com for domain registration.
- Purchase a custom domain from a service like Hover.com.
- Within your domain service provider, navigate to the settings page for the domain you want to use with RIVYT.
- Add a new "A Record" for your domain.
- In the "HOSTNAME" field, type @.
- In the "IP ADDRESS" field, type 184.108.40.206.
- Save changes (may take up to 48 hours).
- Go to your RIVYT panel and click SETTINGS.
- Under the Custom Domain field, type your domain (e.g. yourname.com) and click UPDATE.
- Once your domain has propagated, your RIVYT site will be accessible using your custom domain.